Auto Insurance Information
State-Required and Expanded Coverage Options for Greater Dallas-Fort Worth
The Dallas-Fort Worth urban area is extremely big—not just in size, but in population. New residents continue to push into both major cities and their suburbs. It’s pretty obvious why the area’s infrastructure system is massive and crowded. To protect yourself behind the wheel at all times, you need car insurance. Let Altima Auto Insurance
help you determine the correct coverage.
How Car Insurance Helps You
It goes without saying that minor vehicle problems might be very expensive, and wrecks are even worse. Texas’ total economic loss from wrecks alone was nearly $40 billion in 2018. In the same time period, there were more than 82,000 wrecks and 464 fatalities just within Dallas and Tarrant Counties. That just goes to show how costly and risky driving can be in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
Don’t let your security go down the drain in a flash. Instead, invest in car insurance. The right policy can pay for many of the costs you might face as you pick up the pieces. Coverage might help you:
- Pay for damage to your car from both wrecks or other damaging events.
- Receive roadside assistance for flat tires, dead batteries, tows and more.
- Compensate third parties if you are at-fault for a wreck.
- Cover the costs of your own injuries sustained in the accident.
The good news is that drivers have a lot of policies to choose from, so let your Altima Auto Insurance agent help you choose the right coverage options for your pressing needs.
Texas Required Car Insurance
Because driving is dangerous, even for good drivers, State law requires all drivers who register their vehicles in Texas to buy car insurance. Driving uninsured is not an option.
All Texas policies must include minimum amounts of auto liability insurance. It pays for third-party losses if the insured driver is at-fault for a wreck that harms others. The required limits are:
- $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $60,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $25,000 property damage coverage per accident
So, if you collide with a bicyclist, then our basic liability policy will pay that person up to $30,000 for their injury costs and up to $25,000 for their property damage. For additional benefits, you can (and should) increase your liability limits to provide more assistance for costlier losses.
Expanding Your Coverage
Though you might feel secure with just the state-required liability insurance, a basic policy leaves a lot of potential costs without coverage. It’s important to consider adding extra benefits into your policy, like:
- Collision insurance: If you have a wreck, this coverage pays for your vehicle’s repairs.
- Comprehensive damage insurance: When hazards that aren’t related to wrecks—fires, theft, vandalism—damage your car, then this coverage pays for repairs.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage: The state requires all insurers to offer this coverage, but you can reject it if you choose. However, it’s important to have because it can help you and your passengers cover medical costs and other lost income after wreck injuries occur.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: If another driver is at-fault for a wreck, then they are supposed to pay for your damage using their liability coverage. However, if they don’t have this coverage, then your own policy can pay for your recovery costs.
- Roadside assistance: If you need a tow, locksmith service, fuel delivery or battery jumps, your insurance policy can provide it.
- Rental car coverage: This coverage can help you pay for the costs of a rental car.
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction
Altima Auto Insurance’s dedicated agents will help you get the car insurance solutions that are specific to you and your vehicles. You’ll get expert help to review the multiple terms, deductibles and coverage limits available in any given policy; And, by using our top-rated policy comparison tools, we can help you find the policy that will offer you affordability and value for your chosen benefits
Contact us today
Don’t hesitate to get a quote on a personalized auto insurance policy right now! Request an online quote right now!
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.